Frontyard is a network of people that provides a pro-active, flexible space for practical skills-sharing, futuring, and critical research. We aim to be community-led in terms of content and usefulness, open and questioning of current systems and structures, and respectful and trusting of our fellow frontyarders.
The projects and research we’re interested in:
- contributing to our neighbourhoods
- agitating, facilitating, and nurturing collaborations between people
- working towards a more resilient, independent community
- creating and articulating possible futures
By taking up a residency or by hosting an event at Frontyard, you are committing to maintain “The Vibe” and caretake the space in a respectful way that make others sharing it with you feel safe. We want to create a community where people are free to be themselves without judgement or discrimination, regardless of sexuality, age, ethnicity or ability. Spaces are not safe simply because we designate them as such – it requires the combined efforts of us all. There are going to be times when each of us make mistakes. These mistakes are opportunities to learn from each other, and grow as individuals and as a community. Some things to consider:
- Respect people’s opinions, beliefs, and differing points of view
- Respect the physical and emotional boundaries of others
- Respect everyone’s right to live without intimidation, harassment, or discrimination
- Respect people’s right to privacy and self-determination
- Respect the Space itself and the fact that it is shared with many
Frontyard’s monthly open house events are where open conversation takes place with the community. If you are a resident at Frontyard and one of the open house afternoons are on during your residency period, it would be appreciated if you could be there.
Independent events at Frontyard
You can use Frontyard for your events, meetings, performances etc. .
See our main article on the topic, Booking Space + Time at Frontyard.
The non-cash assets at Frontyard include:
- a Risograph duplicator; and,
- two visual projectors (limited adapters, bring your own)
- 3 big tables
- about 20 assorted chairs
- 2 small gas heaters
- small kitchen with 2-burner electric cooktop, glassware, cutlery and flatware
- picnic blankets
- The Frontyard Garden
- outdoor space
- The Frontyard Library