Digital working bee
When the Frontyard Garden needs an overhaul, trees trimming, lawns mowing, windows dusting; there is a working bee: people get together for a day of labour on whatever needs doing, be it maintenance or new projects.
Some weeds have grown out in Frontyard’s digital spaces and there are a few tasks that a working bee style day could help us get on top of:
- making the list of Frontyard residencies comprehensive
- cataloguing the library ephemera collection, and other Library projects
- setting up backup/archiving of this wiki, the events calendar, flickr, and other content from Online services used at Frontyard.
- expanding this wiki with more information about the Frontyard Garden etc. .
- experiment with setting up a Frontyard account on a new social network like Mastodon
- setting up a digital lock box for managing and sharing the passwords to Online services used at Frontyard (probably with KeyPass)
Saturday, 30th June 2018
The first Digital Gardening Bee will be on Saturday, 30th June 2018.
Come along to learn some new skills, hang out in the garden, help tend Frontyard’s wiki, catalogue the Library, or anything else that needs doing. The garden needs some work too, so this is now a Digital Gardening Bee. You can come and work on the garden, or move between the garden and digital tasks.
What to bring
If you'd like to work on our digital documentation or tools, it would be best to bring a laptop. Cataloguing the library requires a laptop, smart phone or tablet. There's plenty of weeding to do in the garden too, so you can just bring your hands if that suits.
- 10am : Collect all the activities that need doing / that people would like to do today.
- 10:15am : Divide into groups for the different activities.
- 1pm : lunch break
- 3:30pm : Celebrate our achievements and then clean up.