Transfer frontyardprojects.org domain name to an account owned by frontyard's email address
Frontyard's domain name, frontyardprojects.org.au, is currently registered with one of the founders and former janitors. It's time to renew it and seems like a good time to move it to a new domain hosting account owned by the main frontyard email address.
The background to this and discussion has been happening in the Frontyard Slack.
- [x] Set up a new domain registrar account with frontyardprojects.org.au , which Name Cheap as they're pretty solid and reliable and that's what Luke is most familiar with.
- [x] Save the account credentials, including 2FA, to the Janitor's password manager.
- [x] Transfer the DNS records from the old domain, minus the unused Mailgun records.
- Using dnschecker.org and a screenshot of the old records, the ones to copy are:
Type Host Value A * 18.104.22.168 A @ 22.214.171.124 MX @ 10 mx.hover.com.cust.hostedemail.com A @ 126.96.36.199 A @ 188.8.131.52 A @ 184.108.40.206 A lib 220.127.116.11 A library 18.104.22.168 A wiki 22.214.171.124 CNAME www frontyardprojects.github.io. A www.wiki 126.96.36.199</nowiki>
- [x] Initiate the domain transfer
- [x] Fill in new domain owner details in Namecheap.
- [x] Check for any public records of the old info@ email address and remove them.
- [X] Confirm completed domain transfer and everything is still working.
* It appears that the library related domains that were Ben's projects don't run anymore, so those could likely be removed from the DNS records in the future.
- Luke B
- Clare C
- Benjamin F