Difference between revisions of "Category:Residencies"
m (→Past and future residencies: Added the rest of 2018 :))
(→Past and future residencies: Add Emma Davidson to list of residencies)
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
|2018-05-01 to 2018-05-13
|2018-05-01 to 2018-05-13
Revision as of 00:54, 5 May 2018
Getaroom @ Frontyard
You have a provocation to explore. A project to begin. A local problem to solve. A team of pro-active people to assemble. We have the space and a network of people to connect you with.
Frontyard is a space for research, imagining, problem-solving, doing & not doing, meeting, talking, and making time. There are 2 short-term (1-2 weeks) residency spaces for artists and non-artists, and an open door policy for hosting people in our workshop, garden and library if your project needs a place to grow after your residency ends.
In return for the space and time to think, Frontyard asks for a small gift of time from each resident. That could mean participating as a provocateur in a futuring session, giving a public talk, sharing skills via a workshop, symposium, film night, performance, or something else you think is important for the community.
Past and future residencies
This is an incomplete list of past and future residencies at Frontyard:
|2018-07-30 to 2018-08-05||Emma Davidson|
|2018-05-01 to 2018-05-13||BOOKS IN RESIDENCE - Back catalogue of Sarai Readers and 'TAKE on Art'|
|2018-05-07 to 2018-05-21||Rowena Crowe|
|2018-04-30 to 2018-05-14||Laura McLean|
|2018-04-16 to 2018-04-29||Cloudship Press (Tessa Zettel & Susie Nelson)|
|2018-04-13 to 2018-04-27||Georgia Robenstone|
|2018-04-03 to 2018-04-12||Emma Juliet Constantine|
|2018-04-02 to 2018-04-15||Tom Malek and Ira Ferris|
|2018-03-19 to 2018-04-19||Mladen Stilinović Study Centre: On Work|
|2018-03-12 to 2018-03-18||Dialogues producing mechanism?|
|2018-02-19 to 2018-03-04||Cloudship Press (Tessa Zettel & Susie Nelson)|
|2018-02-21 to 2018-03-01||Sarah Poulgrain|
|2018-02-12 to 2018-02-18||Lunch wants to be free (Sophea Lerner)|
|2018-02-05 to 2018-02-18||Field Trip (Ali Crosby & Craig Lyons)|
|2018-01-22 to 2018-02-04||Stephanie Cobon and Caitlin Doyle Markwick|
|2017-12-10 to 2018-01-07||Cups of nun chai - Alana Hunt|
In each #getaroom
- table, chair, shelves, working wall
- Access Hours - round the clock
- Public Access and Programs - Thursday to Sunday and Thursday night
- Internet - yes
- Sleeping over - no! (but if you are from out of town, we can help find you a bed)
- Other assets - workshop area, small kitchen, kitchen garden, library, hammocks, pro-active people!
How do I #getaroom?
We have a ‘no application’ policy, so as long as you are happy to sign our MoU and we can find a time slot that suits, you’re in! We prefer to meet you face to face first, unless you are too far away to drop in. Come along to our monthly Open House (last Sunday of each month, from 1-3pm) or drop us an email to make time for a cuppa.
What we ask from you.
- fill out our Google form so we have your contact details, and sign our MoU
- book an induction with us via email or #slack 1 week before your residency starts
- send us 1-2 sentences about what you’ll be working and an image, so we can put it on our website and Insta
- Upload images and text you want to share to our Flickr archive when you’re in residence
- Tell us when and what you want to do as a ‘gift of time’ for the Frontyard community - you don’t need to know before you start so no rush!
New resident digital access checklist
Make sure new residents have access to:
- The Frontyard Slack Channel
- the Google calendars
- an account for this wiki